If you want to come to Australia to study, a number of visa options are available. These include studying to improve your English language skills, gaining a qualification for a trade or attending one of our many world class universities.
This visa allows an Australian citizen, permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen to sponsor their parents to travel to and remain in Australia. The parent must meet the balance of family test.
Balance of family test
The balance-of-family test measures your ties to Australia. You meet this requirement if either:
- at least half of your children live permanently in Australia
- more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
You must meet this requirement to be granted this visa. It cannot be waived, even in compelling or exceptional circumstances.
The table below gives some examples of families with different numbers of children and whether they would pass the balance-of-family test.
Parent visas subclasses:
103 - Parent 143 - Contributory Parent 173 - Contributory Parent (Temporary) 804 - Aged Parent 864 - Contributory Aged Parent 884 - Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)
Welcome to IELTS Online!
We can offer you two convenient ways to prepare for the IELTS test online: IELTS Master and IELTS Express. Both courses have been created by experienced English language course developers and IELTS test tutors and are highly successful in helping students succeed in the IELTS test.
Why choose us?
- 100% online!
- Proven systems and techniques that really work
- High student satisfaction rate
- Flash movies with audio and transcripts
- Practice tests under simulated exam conditions
Your enrolment includes:
- Interactive course of instruction covering all IELTS modules
- Practice tests in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- Study tools, Web broadcasts & other resources
- Native English speakers in all lessons and practice labs
Our IELTS Online courses are suitable for people with at least an intermediate level of English (approximately IELTS Band 5 or TOEFL 520 equivalent). See below for information on the courses available.
First Migration Service Centre specialises in Australian immigration and education services. We are located in Melbourne and providing migration services to suit your need. With our registered migration agent (MARN: 1569835) …More
- Provide relevant advice about visa class and subclass
- Assist to design the study pathways: school enrolment, english tests preparation, student visa renewal etc
- Advice in preparation of skill assessment, business documents, health insurance
- Lodge a valid visa application and continuously assist the visa applicant to prepare supporting documents required by the DIBP
- Handling of any DIBP enquiries
- General advice of issues related to daily life in Australia: transport, mobile plan, housing, financial etc
- Migration Review Tribunal, Refugee Review Tribunal and AAT appeal
- Minister intervention related services
- Assist with application for the citizenship and citizenship test advice